Wednesday, 22 August 2012

What is the collective noun for a ..... of Ancient Mariners?

I am still thinking about this. I don't think an "albatross" of Ancient Mariners is quite right. Ideas? Well whatever a  ..... of Ancient Mariners should be called I finally got to a Wednesday gathering. I found a hive of  activity; a tender being painted, several dinghies being fitted out and Sabres being rigged for an afternoon sail in near perfect conditions. Clearly the focal point of the day was the picnic lunch. An opportunity for yarning. The suggestion of a burgee sparked considerable interest. Mixed views about the Olympics.

Garry wires in starboard navigation light on Little Dragon
Thanks a heap Garry for wiring in my starboard navigation light. However much I have learnt about fixing things on Little Dragon in the last few years I will never come close to the collective knowledge of the founding members of the BRSC Ancient Mariners.

Thanks also to John Hayes for suggesting that I stopped my highly varnished step down from the cockpit into the cabin being dangerously slippery by revarnishing and  sprinkling with granulated sugar while wet. Now who would have thought of that. And it works.

Pam Ditton
Little Dragon
Ancient Mariner

PS I am a dab hand with a paint brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment